In Virginia that is…and basically “camping” out of our house until our container comes in, *hopefully* late next week. In the meantime we’re living with the stuff we had in storage, sleeping in the guest bedroom and relying on paper plates and our single pot and pan to get us through. No tv, one computer….its ok, keeps us working on clearing out the boxes we do have!
So far I’ve found that
- Everything is really brown, really….we had a few crocuses in our yard though so there is hope of the Spring that will hopefully be early this year
- The roads are HUGE–6 lanes, 4 lanes….its all very different and after months of driving on island 2 lane roads (on the left!) a little intimidating
- Its cold here. Yesterday graced us with 70 degree temps but today the high was in the 40’s….again hoping Spring springs early!
- There are WAY too many choices everywhere…this can be good and bad. Its amazing what you can do with minimal choices, its nice to have some but the sheer amount of choices for everything from shampoo to tomatoes can be mind boggling.
- I’m really excited to see my old friends. One of my oldest friends is coming over Saturday and I can’t wait. We’ve both had crazy years and I’m really looking forward to a bottle of wine (or two) and some girl talk to hash it all out.
We’ve been exhausted every night, case in point its 8:40 and I’m ready to cash in my chips. Part of that is the little midget who has been waking up scared for the last two nights and joining us (along with 2 cold dogs) in a too small bed. Part of that is just the sheer exhaustion that comes with all the organization and work involved in these moves….and part of that is well….we’re probably still on “island time” where you go to bed early and wake up early to get the most out of each day.