Maybe I figured if I didn’t post it it wouldn’t be real…but here we go again! We’ll be leaving on a jet plane soon, back to the States and our house in VA. We had an amazing ride here and are going to miss it terribly but we are excited to get back to our friends and family on the Mainland.
There is no other way to say it: St. Thomas is an amazing place full of sunshine, marine life, shooting stars, rainbows, iguanas, wonderful people, even better friends–we have loved every minute that we got to spend on this exquisite island–ok maybe not every minute….there was that 36 hour power outage….the hurricane (which missed us and ended up being a lot of fun) and a few other assorted mishaps but 99% of the time we were amazed, happy and thrilled to be here.
People have asked me what I’ll miss….and what we are looking forward to. Since we’ve tried to “look ahead” through this whole adventure I’ll start with what we are looking forward too..
- Our neighbors, friends and family–can’t wait to spend more time getting to know “baby Dylan”
- Our yard–and the crocuses, daffodils and tulips that will soon be blooming, the dogs look forward to running over to the neighbors for a quick visit and a treat
- The seasons changing…though not so much the 100 degree August days
- The hot tub
- LOOONG hot showers and baths
- Weekend trips to our favorite vineyards
- Shopping malls on rainy cold days
- The Zoo
The list of what we’ll miss here is long…and in no particular order
- Our friends–we have met the most incredible people here. These are the kind of friends you just meet and KNOW we’ll stay in touch with forever but we’ll miss the ease of our get togethers, the morning texts to plan the day, the way the girls have bonded and LOVE each other all that stuff that often takes years to develop but was so easy and immediate for us. We were lucky beyond belief.
- The waves crashing
- Sunday bloodys at Magens, and Sunday night dancing at Hull Bay
- Almost daily rainbows
- Shooting stars
- Seeing whales from the deck
- Island Hopping
- Visits to St. John
- Crazy island roads–no I really do love them! But I’m the girl who searches out the country roads in VA and is proud of her dirty car–strange I know 😉
- Perfect temperatures year round
- The fact I have worn make up or blown out my hair maybe 3 times since I’ve been here (will have to relearn that I guess ;-))
- Feeding the sting rays at Coral World
- Being all alone on one of the most gorgeous beaches in the world
We’ll miss you St. Thomas–we’ll be back again soon!