While there are so many things we are looking forward to in the island
There are things we’ll miss here too
- Bubble baths–well Sophia will, I’ll miss LOOONGG hot showers (having a cistern makes you VERY water conscious)
- Leaving the lights on — even with proposal to lower rates, its WAY more expensive than the States…like 4 times more. Like even with light air conditioning use (windows units at night, fans on only when you are home and the necessary’s like refrigerator and tv’s)…the bills are things of legends. Really, ts THAT bad.
- Restaurants that deliver (though in fairness there was only 1 restaurant that delivered in Lovettsville, VA…so we’ve kind of got that one down
- Shopping for whatever whenever.
- Huge grocery stores
- Fresh Vegatables. You can get them…but they are hard to find, and expensive and its best on the certain days of the week i.e. when they are delivered. Fruit–no problem but veggies are a bit more challenging
That said, in a few short days we’ll have our COMFY BED, MY SUPERSOFT SHEETS, MY ALL CLAD POTS and PANS, Sophia will have her CRIB, Keith will have his GRILL.
We’re looking forward to it all, good, bad and crazy 😉